- Roads (construction, maintenance)
- Garbage removal
- Fire prevention/fighting/investigation
- Investigation, and prosecution of violent crime, fraud, abuse and threats to public safety
- The National Guard
- Scientific research where all data, methodology and results are made available to the public
- Infrastructure development and maintenance (Mainly updates to the power grid, development of a rail system, upgrades to communications networks)
- A social safety net which feeds, clothes, houses and provides medical care to anybody under 18, over 70, or disabled, and guarantees, at a minimum, health insurance or equivalent to other people who might want to do things like start a small business.
Things for which I am not willing to pay taxes
- A standing military
- Investigation and prosecution of victimless crimes, or crimes where all the victims have willingly consented (I’m looking at you, War on Drugs. Also, some prostitution)
- Your religion. Any of it. Any decisions based on it. Any whinging about how persecuted you are as a consequence of it.
- Rescuing companies that thrive on an unfettered free market from bankruptcy
- Restoration of American Glory/Exceptionalism/Greatness.