I did not go to the Capitol on Thursday. Instead I caught up on work things that give me an income, and started organizing “things.” If you know my real name and want to be my friend on Facebook, I broke down yesterday and started actually using it. Too much planning was happening there and getting things second hand was driving me nuts.
In lieu of a rambling post with pictures and observations, I’ll give you links and event info.
– The transcripts of the prank Koch call.
– A partial answer to my question about this generation’s protest music. (h/t Nick Mamatas)
– Me being much more coherent on the FrumForum than I have been here.
– Steven Colbert is brilliant.
– Many of pictures in several albums from me. More from other places.
– I’m hosting a board game party at the Capitol tonight. Everybody is invited. For more information, or to be in the loop on where I set up camp, shoot me an email or *gasp* accept the invite on Facebook. (I feel so dirty now)
– Oh, we’ll be spending the night with cops. That’s right. Tonight I’m sleeping with a bunch of policemen. I assure you, nobody saw that coming.
I’m thinking of hosting a “write-in” where I get every writer I know in Madison to hang out and bang out prose at the Capitol. Contact me if you want in on that. (I can picture the marketing copy now: Written on a netbook while fighting injustice and oppression at the Madison, WI state capitol…)
That’s it for now. I’m going to take a more laid-back approach to the blogging from here on out, only posting particularly interesting things about protests instead of everything that comes into my head. I probably will continue obsessively taking pictures and uploading them to Picasa.